Frequently asked questions:
- start up of khal and ikhal is very slow
- In some case the pytz (python timezone) is only available as a zip file, as pytz accesses several parts during initialization this takes some time. If time python -c “import pytz; pytz.timezone(‘Europe/Berlin’)” takes nearly as much time as running khal, uncompressing that file via pytz via (sudo) pip unzip pytz might help.
- ikhal raises an Exception: AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘SimpleFocusListWalker’
- You probably need to upgrade urwid to version 1.1.0, if your OS does come with an older version of urwid you can install the latest version to userspace (without messing up your default installation) with pip install –upgrade urwid –user.
- Installation stops with an error: source/str_util.c:25:20: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory
- You do not have the Python development headers installed, on Debian based Distributions you can install them via aptitude install python-dev.